Sunday 27 September 2015

1 Week To Go...

...until I run the Cardiff half marathon!


Up until a month ago I was quietly confident about my run. I had already completed a 13.1 mile long run so knew I could do the distance and was more excited than anxious about the race. Then the car accident happened and I ended up with whiplash so bang went my training plan.


I had a week off running then did a few short runs the following week and I managed an 11 mile run on the Saturday. Then I caught a cold and it knocked me on my arse.


I hurt all over, my nose was running like a tap, my sinus' throbbed and my eyes watered constantly. I managed to get through most of the working week but couldn't quite make it and worked from home on Friday. I'd already had a few days off sick because of the whiplash and didn't want to take more time off.


So to get me back into it I'm planning 3 short runs this week and then no running on Saturday. This is what's on my training plan so at least I might feel back in control of it again. I hope so anyway. I want to enjoy the run. I want to get excited this week but I can't help but feel panicked and anxious. Hopefully tomorrow's short run will get me back on track and settle some of the nerves.


So if you're in Cardiff on Sunday 4th October and you see people running around with a number pinned to their chest, give them a cheery shout or a wave. If one of those runners is wearing a Pegasus top then give us a "looking strong Pegasus". Feel free to also throw us jelly beans, jelly babies, haribo or some sort of little sugary treat cos we'll probably need it. If you're a bit arty then bring down a sign so you don't have to keep shouting.

My favourite sign so far

Us runners love it when complete strangers cheer us on, it makes us feel connected and as though anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.