Tuesday 20 January 2015

Dating in the 'Diff Part 2

Well I'm 2 months on from my last Dating in the 'Diff blog, it's been a good couple of months but I've decided to come off online dating for a while and just see what happens in 'real-life'. 

Online dating was a lot of fun, I chatted with some really great guys and met up with some too but it can also be a tad frustrating for many reasons



Not sure which is the best option!

I think that's only fair!

There are the guys who are actually too busy to date and just like to message, the guys who don't seem to know what they want or whether they actually want to date anyone, the guys who don't give you chance to reply and message you 3 more times asking why you haven't replied yet and then there's the guy who put "no hook-ups please" on his profile but that's clearly all he is actually after because he throws a tantrum when you won't drop everything to go over to his place and, well, drop everything!

And then there are the stalkers!




They are the gems who 'wink' at you, who 'wink' at you again... and again... and again. Seriously mate take the hint. You winked at me and I looked at your profile but you weren't for me so I didn't wink back. That's not an invitation to continuously wink at me and then message me asking why I haven't winked back or messaged you. No offence but you're just not my cup of tea.



*blocked*

There have also been some conversations which have turned a bit creepy, these usually involve the guy making suggestive comments very early on. One guy asked me if I liked to 'wrestle' so I told him about my 3rd Dan in Taekwondo and that I'd happily spar with him and try not to hurt him. Didn't hear from him again... I wonder why?!

Another guy asked me if I liked to dress up... it turns out he participates in cowboy themed re-enactment weekends and wanted to know if I was up for it.



Tinder was very entertaining for a while but it ended up being a lot of men posting photos (known as Moments) of themselves topless in the gym changing rooms.


*yawns* So not impressed!

Now don't get me wrong, I've met some really great guys online and had some brilliant dates but it all just feels too forced and pressurised. I want to meet someone and have fun with them, just get together and have a giggle without the added pressure of 'where is this going?'. I have no plans to settle down for a long time. At the same time though I do have morals and know my self-worth so if you want to date me then you have to just date me.


I went on a couple of dates recently with one guy who made me laugh constantly and I realised that it was the first date where I was actually 100% myself. There was no trying to impress, no nerves and I didn't have to try to hide my slightly (very!) inappropriate sense of humour, I was just me and I loved it. So I'm taking that lesson with me on future dates, if I don't feel like I can be myself then he clearly isn't for me!


The next person I start dating might be someone I've met before, he may already be in my life or he might be a complete stranger so I'm just going to carry on having fun, meeting people and see what happens.




In the meantime, you'll find me out running (well in the gym until this weather warms up a bit), walking my dog, getting my yoga on, catching up with my awesome friends or hanging off the top of a wall by a piece of rope in my harness at Boulders. Don't be shy, come and say hello, I don't bite... well, unless you like that kind of thing.





#PushingBackHarder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.