Thursday 23 March 2017

Turning 40... Hell Yeah!

Today I turned 40 and I am ridiculously excited by this.


Baby me being all adorable

I am also very excited (and shattered) after spending the day at Harry Potter Studios with my Besty Lynn.


I'd be awesome at quidditch!

The one on the right looks well dodgy!

I think the main reason why I'm so excited about turning 40 is because I spent most of my 30s in an unhealthy relationship with a man who had a knack of putting a dampener on my birthdays. 2 days after I left my marriage and moved to Cardiff, I turned 37 and although I didn't really do anything big to celebrate, it was a great birthday because I felt free and able to enjoy it in the way I wanted to.



I suppose I feel as though my 40th birthday is the beginning of a new milestone in my life. I've never been this fit, healthy or happy before in my whole life and it feels as though anything seems possible.




My life has changed so much in the last 3 years; I'm now a runner and with that I've increased in confidence, my self-esteem is pretty high and I'm learning to love myself and my body. I'm finally realising my worth and won't accept people or situations in my life that don't contribute positively towards it. I've run a full marathon, 4 half marathons and a bunch of other races. I've also made a lot of new friends, joined a running club, changed jobs twice and I discovered what I want to be when I grow up so am being brave and will be completely changing my career this year. I've also lost my lovely dad and decided to have counselling to help me to deal with the grief that felt as though it was consuming me.


My dad was a badass!

I can't wait to see what happens in my 40s, I know they'll be filled with highs and lows but each experience will teach me something new and add to my adventure. Bring it on!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.