Wednesday 19 November 2014

Dating in The 'Diff


I have been single and living in Cardiff for 8 months now. I'm close enough for the city life when I want to hit the shops, restaurants and pubs but also close enough for hiking in the mountains of Brecon Beacons. I have got the best of both worlds and I love it.


An hour away from my house

I haven't been dating for over 9 years so thought I'd give it a go, the only problem is that I had no idea what to do. I dabbled a few months ago on Match.com and met someone within less than a week of setting up my profile but that has now come to an end. I have gained a friendship from it which is great but it's time to get back out there.

I have recently discovered Tinder. Wow! It is so much fun. You basically judge each other on looks and a 500 character profile. Swipe right for 'interested' or swipe left for 'not a hope in hell!'  


*swipes right and dribbles*

Now it's easy to get carried away and swipe the wrong way. I did this earlier and there is no getting that person back!


*sighs... moves onto next photo*

I have just one bit of feedback for the male users of Tinder. Check which photos Tinder has imported from your Facebook account and make sure you actually feature in 1 or 2 of them... it helps us to decide if we like you or not!


Funny but always going to get a swipe left!

Dating in Cardiff is a bit more difficult if you are a tall girl who likes to wear heels and still not be the taller one of the couple. Most men in Wales seems to be shorter than your average British guy (sorry Welsh men but it's true!). It's even harder when you don't want to date someone with kids, or who wants kids. Then there is the non-smoker rule. You see, I have 3 non-negotiables; non-smoker, tall and no kids. I didn't think it was a lot to ask when I set up some online dating profile but apparently it is.



In the meantime, I'm going to have fun and try to dodge the weirdos




Well wish me luck as I enter this crazy world of dating in the 'Diff!

#PushingBackHarder

3 comments:

  1. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. sites de rencontre gratuits

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.