Friday 14 November 2014

Sugarloaf Mountain

Today I decided to take Winston for some fresh air and a bit of exercise. I've climbed Sugarloaf Mountain a few times with my ex-husband but never on my own. The thought of doing so has always made me feel scared and I would come up with all sorts of excuses why I couldn't do it. I have now changed that and feel pretty proud of myself.

We had a quick look at the map in the car park.

I am here... apparently!

I couldn't quite remember which paths to take so I decided to wing it and see what happened. Usually this would put me on edge and I wouldn't enjoy myself but not today... today was awesome!

Sugarloaf Mountain

We took our time and enjoyed our surroundings. I reluctantly let Winston off the lead, he loves to run around like a nutter. This is another thing that makes me anxious... he could run off, he could get lost, he could decide never to come back to me. Those are a few of the things that constantly go around and around in my head until I put him back on the lead. Insane right?!

Trig point at the top

There were a few people at the top already so I found a quiet spot for me and Winston to just sit. The views are breathtaking, I live in a beautiful part of the World.

Perfect view for tea and biscuits

The walk is about 5km and it was 5km of pure heaven.

Me and my favourite walking buddy.

I am planning to do more mountain walks on my own so think I need to buy a map... and then learn how to read one. I'm sure it can't be that hard.

Today I kicked myself a bit further out of my comfort zone and I rocked it!

#PushingBackHarder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.