Tuesday 11 November 2014

My New Personal Best (PB)!

Today I finally decided to time a 5K run on the treadmill to see what my magic time was. I had been putting it off for a while as I didn't want to see the harsh reality that I could actually walk faster than I run.

Well I never guessed I could do it in the time I did... 31 mins and 3 seconds to complete my 5K! I didn't even run the whole thing. I ran for 22 minutes, walked for 3 mins and then ran for the final 6 minutes and 3 seconds. This is my first personal best (PB)!


PB set so time to smash it!

I thought I'd mess around and have a go at doing a #selfie on the treadmill, mainly to see what state I was in after my 5K. There are a lot of men in my gym, us girls are outnumbered by a ratio of about 7:1... not that I'm complaining of course.

Not as bad as I thought!

As you can probably tell I am wearing mascara (see previous comment about how many men in my gym!) and was very happy with it's non-smudge ability.

Please give it up for No 7 waterproof mascara! *claps hands*

I am really enjoying the treadmill session, I never thought I'd say it but I am. I like not having to concentrate on my surroundings (making sure I don't get run over or run into someone!) and that means I can daydream away my run *cue cheeky grin*

I'm glad I've found a love of running as it will keep me healthy but especially as I have issues around my body. I've never been happy with my figure and probably never will be 100% but this is helping my self-esteem and confidence to rise and rise. It actually doesn't even bother me what state I look when running as I know I have to...

*winks*

Damn right!


#PushingBackHarder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.